Friday, December 19, 2008

True Lies

Lies are not so bad after all, are they?

Is there anyone who ever lived in this world without telling a single lie? I cannot think of anyone who practically did it. Remember Jim Carrey’s “Liar Liar”? No one can ever be truthful in his whole life. I’ve heard of the story of Raja HariChandra and his truthfulness, but I feel that is just a myth. I’m certain if he lived, even he’d have lied, at least once in his life.

Lies do good to you at times.  I think I’d have lied to practically everyone I know, at least once. Imagine a friend asks you about her new hairstyle which she just got done for an exorbitant amount of money. And you feel it is the worst haircut ever. What would you do? Would you tell her that the haircut looks horrible and be happy that you told the “truth”? Or would lie to her that she’s looking gorgeous in that haircut? If you lied (what I think I’d have done ) you just made another person happy with a simple lie. Huh? So calling someone a “liar” can actually be a compliment to him ‘cos he’d have made someone happy by being a liar? Think again…………. You could lie and call him a truthful guy, you just lied and made him happy……

Happy lying………………

 

No comments:

Post a Comment